Welcome to Charleston Birth Doula. I am so excited that you are here, because you are unique and I can’t wait to hear your story. I crave that you keep your autonomy as you transform into parents, and the best way I can serve this mission is to advocate evidence-based information while remaining unattached to the decisions that you choose. If you want to be empowered to pave your own story while benefiting from 14 plus years of experience and over $25,000 in education, click on the appropriate link below and learn more about how I can serve you during your childbearing year.
The best support for you and your birth
Finding the right provider for your family is hard, being told you need to search out another provider to cover the gaps in eduction is frustrating. When you decide to work with me towards your birth and wellness goals you are not only hiring me for your time, you are hiring over 14 years of experience and $25,000 in education to ensure you receive the most comprehensive services possible, and the least potential to need a secondary practitioner.
Learn more about my journey at DanicaTodd.com
Doula Certification and Training
Carolina Birth Junkies Conference/2017
- Dr. David Hayes “Group B Strep” (1.5 CEU*)
- VBAC Panel Discussion with Dr. Hayes, Marcia Ensminger, MSN, CNM, Jennifer Lucas O’Briant, CPM, LM and parents Stephanie and Joshua Flowers
- Jennifer Moss Corbin “Breastfeeding Facts and Fiction” (1 CEU*)
- Case Studies facilitated by Christine Strothers, CPM (1.5 CEU*)
- Shelby Lewis and DeNae Means of Safe Passage “Domestic Violence and the Childbearing Family” lecture and walk through simulation- what a victim of domestic violence might experience with Safe Passage (2 CEU*)
- Lori Barklage “Trauma Healing for Clients and Birth Workers” (1.5 CEU*)
- Amy and John Medwin “Making Love Last” (couples welcome) (1.5 CEU*)
Female Pelvic Floor Training for Birth and Wellness Practioners/2017
Microbirth: microbiome and epigenetics in pregnancy, birth, and infancy/ 2017
Breastfeeding Structure and Function: What, Why and the Long Term, IBCLC CERP/2016
Breastfeeding Structure and Function: The Balancing Act, Evaluating Infants for an Interruption of Balance IBCLC CERP/2016
Counseling LGTBQ Couples with Jaye Simpson /2016
Waterbirth Workshop with Waterbirth International/2014
Rebozo, the Gina Kirby Method/2014
Mother Friendly Childbirth Workshop with Ina May Gaskin and Henci Goer/2014
HypnoBirthing Prep Class/2013
Heartfelt Childbirth Prep Class/2013
Birthing From Within/2005 & 2012
Homeopathy for the Childbearing Continuum/2013
Nurturing The Mother/2007
Get in touch.
720 Magnolia Road, Suite 15, Charleston SC
Wednesday – Sunday: 10am – 6pm
Prenatal and Postpartum visits are scheduled in the office by appointment only, unless otherwise noted.
Parking; Park on the Magnolia Road side of the building, next to the community garden.
Disclaimer; I work on newborn time; doula clients take precedence and your appointment may need to be rescheduled in the event of a birth. Thank you for holding space as our community transforms from couples to parents.